Thursday, April 24, 2008

hello again

There has been a bit of sewing going on around here. After a few months of trying to find the time and motivation to sew, I think taking a break has helped and I am slowly finishing up projects that have been piling up on my table. Josh's quilt is finally done, all it needs is a label and he is so happy to have one of his very own. It already has it's own little spot in his room...

I've also joined a dolly quilt mail-out which I'd recommend to anyone as it's a lot of fun! Each month a package is sent out with instructions and materials for a new dolly quilt. It's great to play around with different fabrics and to whip up a quilt in a matter of weeks. My daughter is slowly accumulating a little collection, perfect for her baby dolls!

4 comments:

laura capello said...

oh, i love both quilts!

and those dolly quilts would make great art displays too (i have to think of such things since my boys don't play with dolls.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Soo, thanks for the link! So glad you're enjoying the dollies, the next one is nearly ready for posting....

Anonymous said...

Hey did I see this at MO today? Looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh I have a suggestion for Capello re. what to do with the doll quilts ... why not make a sampler with them and rather than bind them join them as you would do a quilt as you go? I think they would look great!