Monday, August 18, 2008

roll up

The thing I like most about sewing is being able to make gifts for friends and family. Making something with just that one person in mind, something that they would like, in their favourite colours and hoping they will feel happy using it, knowing it was made just for them!


Our friend Eliza is turning five this week so I made her a little pencil roll using the pattern from Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts. She loves to make things and likes all things pretty so I thought it would come in handy.

Packaged up in a little tote bag for her so that she can take it with her anywhere....in her favourite colours. Happy Birthday Eliza!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great present

Tamara said...

How gorgeous are those rolls. I made one for my eldest daughter. They are so very very effective.

The tote is very cute too.

Kellie said...

I just love your little things Soo! it is picture perfect as always! What a beautiful gift!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the pencil roll and the matching tote is most inspired! Such a lovely gift!

Sarah said...

oh that is so sweet - I love that project you made. What such a fabulous idea. And not only that but a bag to carry it in as well! The complete package : )

joyce said...

that is so adorable. i love the tote bag too! may i asked what kind of handles you used for the tote bag?

Soo said...

thank-you for your lovely, lovely comments!
Joyce, I used cotton webbing for the tote bag handles which were simple to sew on and come in various widths and colours. They are usually in the haberdashery/cords section of sewing stores, I picked mine up from Spotlight!

wardstorms said...

What a sweet little present, very cute!

liset said...

I love your blog. You make such beautiful things. I like this pencilroll! Great colours together.